1. There are different options to trigger a silent alarm. This can occur through an individual keyboard shortcut (e.g. Alt+1), in the form of a panic alarm by simultaneously pressing at least 3 keys, or even via mouse click using the MobiCall App, but also using an external Bluetooth or USB push button.
2. The central MobiCall server can identify and locate the Client via PC or username, IP or MAC address or even using the access point.
3. In case of emergency, MobiCall starts an individual or group-based alarming scenario. By that MobiCall transmits the event multimedially to a defined group of people, according to alarm and time plan, using, for example, internal and external extensions, smartphones, Client PCs, IP loudspeakers. Depending on the alarm configuration, the transmission of information can occur on a spatial, skill and priority basis, as well as in a simultaneous or sequential way.
4. To ensure the maximum safety, a predefined number of recipients must acknowledge the alarm. If these people cannot be reached, the system can start an alarm escalation in order to notify further participants.
5. MobiCall logs detailed information about the whole alarm proceedings. The alarm report can be sent automatically but also retrieved through the alarm control panel at any time.
The AD integration is the highlight of MobiCall actual release, allowing the simplification of all administration and management tasks
The solution enables the integration of existing Active Directory databases, thus allowing an automatic import of master data. Moreover, if an alarm is triggered the identification and location of the trigger can occur in real time, to start the appropriate alarming scenario. When creating dynamic alarm groups, it is possible to take into consideration location, presence and skill parameter.